A doula baby.

A doula baby.
Zoe with her doula

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Zoe Frances Kent

Julie and Alistair Kent came to me when young George was about to be born and now his sister has arrived safely.  George has been a doula baby of mine and he is now just over 2yrs. He visits me on a regular basis and we are firm friends.  Julie has a duck farm outside Pmb and she is very busy shipping ducklings all over SA. so I get to see and play with George who has become very much part of our family.  Julie told me a few months ago that we were going to have a brother or sister for George and we waited with much excitement.  I have been patiently waiting for this birth which did not happen as I had expected... the call in the middle of the night.. No!  I received a call at 11h00 to say we were going into hospital and that the gynaecologist wanted to move things along as the baby was taking some strain.  Getting to the hospital I saw a worried but brave Julie who she told me that all was fine.  After the normal activities of labour Julie's BP went up and the baby's heart beat went up and down.  Clearly this was not what we wanted and were advised to go to the  c-section route which was certainly not our choice but made very good sense and more importantly we wanted a healthy mum and baby.  Julie had a little girl at 15h56 on Tuesday the 28th September 2010.  She weighed a mere 2.4kg and 49 length and 33 head circum.  Very tiny but a little girl who has a voice and a character already.  Her name is Zoe Frances Kent and I was able to dress and cuddle Zoe until Julie came back into the ward. Zoe then sucked so well and the breast is her firm favorite. She is a beautiful baby who is content with being with her family and her doula.  She is going to love the ducks when she is a little older. I look forward to many visits and caring for you Zoe. George is loving having his sister home on the farm. He plays with her hands and pats her back. There is no jealousy at all.
Well done Julie and Alistair on raising such a beautiful boy George he is kind.
Zoe kept her parents awake last night so I spent the day at the farm helping Zoe so Julie was able to have a sleep.. I bathed her and left a happy peaceful baby for Julie to feed.

No comments: