TRUST YOUR OWN BODY.....
FROM THE TIME YOUR PREGNANCY BEGINS START TO ...........
- Think positively about your changing body.
- Learn as much as you can about normal, natural, unmedicated birth.
- Read positive natural birth stories .
- Surround yourself with support that celebrates and trusts natural birth.
- Eat and drink in a way that supports your healthy body and nourishes your baby.
- Stay active and get out to play as much as is appropriate for you.
- Be playful and curious about the sensations you experience.
- Practice relaxation, visualizations, and breathing with your partner before the birth.
- Make a music play list with both calm, relaxing music, and active dance rhythms.
- Sprinkle positive affirmations and happy drawings around the house.
- When in labour, practice the art of meeting each surge with relaxed breath.
- During labour, use touch. Massage, nipple stimulation and being close to your partner all help labour progress.
- Use water therapy: like a shower, bath, or water birth tub.
- Use aromatherapy.
- Let your body take over and trust your instincts. Don't let your busy mind interfere with your body's ancient wisdom.
- Trust that this is the most powerful experience of your life and worth every bit of effort.
- Choose your support wisely because he or she will have an enormous impact on your experience. A good doula will give you unbiased birth information.